RX 6900 XT 16G vs. Nvidia RTX 3080 – Which is Better?
If you’re confused about which Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to invest in, then you are not alone. Finding the right GPU can be tough. Getting the right memory bandwidth, lock speed and pixel rate is important in order to enjoy the complete and intended experience from a game.
If you know what features to keep an eye out for, then choosing the ideal one for you shouldn’t be too difficult. To make your life easier, let’s look at the two very popular graphic cards in 2021. Here are some of the features that differentiate the RX 6900 XT 16G and Nvidia RTX 3080 from each other.
Reasons Why the RX 6900 XT is Better than the Nvidia RTX 3080
- The Rx 6900 XT has a faster GPU lock speed. It stands at 1529MHzvs versus the RTX 3080 at 1440 MHz.
- The pixel rate is higher (123.8 Gpixel to be precise).
- It’s memory speed is 2000 MHzvs as compared to the RTX 3080 which processes at 1188 MHz.
- The RX 6900 XT has a greater RAM of 16GB. The RTX 3080 has a RAM memory of 10 GB.
- It also has a faster turbo speed of 2250 MHzvs compared to that of 1710 MHz in an RTX 3080.
- The RX 6900 XT can deliver more textured pixels to the screen per second.
Reasons Why the Nvidia RTX 3080 is Better than the RX 6900 XT
- The RTX 3080 comes with a support DLSS.
- It has a wider memory bus width of 320 bits. The RX 6900 has a memory bus width of 256 bits.
- It also has more memory bandwidth (248 gigabytes more than the RX 6900).
- Its shading units stand at 8704 when compared to 5120 of the RX 6900.
- The RTX 3080 has 3 display port outputs; the RX 6900 only has 2.
- The thermal design power is 320 W in comparison to 300 W in the RX 6900.
- The RTX 3080 has a higher transistor count of 28000 million. This is an indicator of the GPU being newer and more powerful. In comparison, the RX 6900 has a transistor count of only 26800 million.
- The RTX 3080 has a longer warranty period.
In addition, the Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory for GPUs is an important consideration. The ECC helps detect and clean out corrupt data. Unfortunately, both the RX 6900 XT and Nvidia RTX 3080 are not equipped with this feature. Only 1% of graphic cards come with ECC.
The Final Verdict
After reading the comparisons of these two products and evaluating their pros and cons, you’re in a much better position than you were a few minutes ago to make the best purchasing decision according to your needs. If they have either one of these products already, you can compare the differences (and decide if you made a good choice). Feel free to share this article to help others trying to find the best GPU for their gaming needs as well!